14 September 2008

Updating My Mishap

I went back to hospital today and the doctor had a look at the stitching on my ear and the bruising to my skull behind my ear and is pleased with the way both are coming along, and my stitches are already starting to fall out. While the ear was the biggest drama as it's such a delicate area and so was bleeding quite a lot they were more worried that I may have a hemorrhage as the ridge from just below my ear to half the way up my skull was rather large. But it appears that I'm healing ok and while I still can't swim I can take a shower and wash my hair which is something. And Doortje is bringing a helmet back from Holland for me as well. After looking me over the doctor asked me how the bike made out after my fall and he had a good laugh when I told him 'my wife took it away', no matter where we go in the world men always laugh about the same things.

I suppose I'd better wash the blood off my bike before Doortje sees it and really does take it away.

No comments: